Youtube RSS Feed
Learn with Vikas Suhag
Habits that will change your life
Mar 13, 2022   Ritu Suhag
Habits that will change your life

“Formal education will make you a living, but self education will make you a fortune.”
Self education starts when formal education has come to an end. It is solely your responsibility that once you become a certain age,  you need to unlearn behaviour that hinder your growth as a person.   For this you must follow 3 C’s  of life:-

  • Choices
  • Chances
  • Changes

You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change. To be successful at anything you don't have to be different, you simply have to be what most people are not:  consistent.
Buying experiences not things:
Our experiences are a bigger part of ourselves than our material goods. You can really like your material stuff. You can even think that part of your identity is connected to those things but none the less they remain separate from you.  In contrast your experiences are really a part of you.  We are the sum total of our experiences.
Say yes to things that scare you the most:
We all experience fear but it's how you deal with it that counts. Rather than retreating to far corner  because of fear,  use it to prove yourself wrong. The more you get out of your comfort zone the higher the chances are that it will enlarge you.Instead of letting fear get in the way, it is time to ride the feeling of fear and act anyway.
Stay active:
You don't need to  become a gym addict to remain active and healthy. Find a hobby or sport you like.Even if it is just walking in your neighbourhood or park,  it can be enough to circulate blood and release productive hormones.
Mean it:
Always do what you say you are going to do. Accomplish your course people will automatically pay attention.
Don't show off:
Happy People never show off.  Try to make peace with life.  Don't run behind showing off.  Get out of that Red race.Showing off only leads to spending more and  buying unnecessary stuff. Stop checking to see who has viewed your stories. Stop deleting posts because they don't have enough likes.Stop comparing yourself to somebody else  and last but not the least stop believing that social media acceptance determines your self worth.
Learn daily:
Consistent learning and self education is a successful habit shared by many successful people.Set a marker for learning everyday whether 10 pages a day or a specific time you are blocking out.
Focused time:
Make some space for deep work in your busy schedule.To make focus a habit start with 25 minute pomodoro sessions at least once a day.And build your habit to focus time from there.  As we all know habits define you.
Set Boundaries:
Setting boundaries could mean  having a conversation with someone about our current focus.Or it could simply mean saying no.To make it a habit, find one way every week to ensure you protect your time, energy and attention.
Celebrate wins:
We are often the worst people to see and recognise our own growth.There is immense value in owning and celebrating wins by taking a step back and reflecting on how far we have come.
Drink 3 litres of water:
75% of the human body is made up of water. Drinking the right amount of water will help you to remove toxins from your body.  It also helps you achieve clear skin.
Eat healthy food and avoid fast food:
Workout only accounts for 40% to have a good physic and the rest 60% is based on our diet.  So avoid sugary drinks and fast food and eat more veggies and fruits.
Meditate for 5 minutes daily:
Your mental Wellness is equally important as your physical Wellness. Meditation will help you clear your mind and increase your focus.
Sleep 7-8 hours daily:
Sleeping for 7 to 8 hours is essential for your body. Your body repairs itself and recharges during sleep. Avoid using smartphones at night for quality sleep.
Habits that damages your brain

  •  Staying in the dark for long
  •  Consuming too much negative news
  •  Blasting your headphones on full volume
  •  Social isolation
  •  Too much screen time
  •  Consuming too much sugar
  •  Barely moving throughout the day

If you want to dig deep into how habits are formed, the science behind habits creation and formation, then you must read the book “The Power Of Habits”  written by Charles Duhigg.
In last, I can only say that if you want to form a new habit and find it complicated,  then please please don't give up,  because the beginning is always the hardest.

 


Leave a Comment

* Email will not be published.
All comments are only visible after approval.
Most Viewed articles
Search
Subscribe to Email Updates
Vikas Suhag

I am Engineer, Developer, Teacher, Blogger, Vlogger, Traveller, Photographer...

I have been developing websites, writing blogs and recording videos during my travel while being a full tim ...

Youtube Channel
Podcast
Subscribe to Email Updates
Connect With Us
Youtube RSS Feed
© 2022 Learn with Vikas Suhag. All Rights Reserved.